Fax Server Virtualization
As VoIP and Unified Communication implementations continue to rise, fax server virtualization will continue to become a standard part of the server virtualization process. There are a wide variety of fax server vendors who support Fax Server virtualization. Fax Server Virtualization is the implementation of network fax server software on a virtual server platform environment utilizing tools such as VMware ESXi, Microsoft Windows Hyper-V or Citrix XenServer. The virtualization centralizes key core computing resources, such as processor, RAM and mass storage, on a single hardware platform or farm of hardware platforms to allow for the distribution of those resources among multiple software image-based virtual servers. Fax Server Virtualization shares the same benefits of many other enterprise virtualization implementations.
Top 10 Benefits
- Reduced Server Hardware Maintenance Costs
- Reduced Server Footprint / Data Center Real Estate
- Reduced Power Consumption & Cooling Requirements
- Easier Server Dedication and Application Isolation
- Built In High-Availability, Failover and Disaster Recovery Options
- Easier New Server Build Out
- Workload Migration and Resource Sharing
- Choice of Cost and Infrastructure (On Premise, Hosted, Cloud or Hybrid)
- IT Management Efficiency
- Server Consolidation
One type of resource that cannot be effectively shared or addressed through virtualization is fax board technology, or simply put, the Network Interface Card to the telephony world. A fax board is a hardware expansion board that fit inside a server class machine. An intelligent fax board is extremely different from a fax modem. Moving from Board to Boardless is a critical component of Fax Server Virtualization. For more information on going from Board to Boardless, click here: http://www.allaboutfoip.com/board-to-boardless.html.